*New York Archives Conference*
*Call for Poster Presentations*
The 2011 NYAC Poster Session Committee is accepting proposals for a
special poster session, /Archives and Special Collections in New York
State: Who Knew?, /to be held at the 2011 NYAC Conference at Skidmore
College in Saratoga Springs June 8-10, 2011.
*Eligibility for Submitting a Poster Presentation Proposal *
* Anyone working in a position as archivist or historian for a
repository containing historical records in New York State.
* Individuals working in New York State who are significantly
involved in arrangement and desc-ription, reference services,
digitization or other technology-based projects,
preservation/conservation of paper or electronic material, etc.,
in a professional archival setting.
* Students attending a graduate program that includes a
concentration in Archival Studies (or Library Science or
Information Studies program with significant archival coursework)
within New York State.
* The work of joint authors is also acceptable.
*Poster Presentation Content*
* Content topics of interest to archivists and local historians,
including but not limited to archival theory and practice,
practical solutions to problems in archives, new thrusts
(especially electronic collections or electronic access) in the
world of archives, advocacy, etc., are appropriate.
* Content topics may also include such work as the use of
historical records collections for research and/or educational
* Poster presentation content should be directly appropriate for use
by of and interest to conference attendees.
* Participant selection will be based on the quality of proposals
* All applicants whose poster proposals are accepted will be
expected to supply their own materials for the poster
presentation, including poster presentation boards, means of
adhering their poster, etc., according to specifications provided
by NYAC with confirmation of acceptance.
*Submission Instructions and Deadlines*
To prepare and submit a proposal, please complete the proposal form that
soon will be available on the New York Archives Conference website
http://www.nyarchivists.org/nyac/ and email it as an attachment to Jane
Subramanian at firstname.lastname@example.org
mail to: Jane Subramanian
F.W. Crumb Library
44 Pierrepont Ave.
Potsdam, NY 13676
* Deadline for receipt of proposals is March 15, 2011 (mailed proposals
must be postmarked by March 15^th ).*
If you have any questions, please contact the NYAC Poster Committee
Chair Jane Subramanian at email@example.com
or (315) 267-3326.
Peter J. Wosh
Director, Archives/Public History Program
New York University
53 Washington Square South
New York NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-8601
Fax: (212) 995-4017