New York City
The Winthrop Group seeks a qualified archivist to process institutional records. Position is full-time for 21-22 months.
Responsibilities include processing archival records, preparation of EAD finding aids using the Archivists’ Toolkit and preparation of MARC catalog records. The project archivist will work cooperatively with other members of the Winthrop Group team and with client staff, as required, to complete the work.
• MLS or MA in history with archives management certificate and/or experience
• Minimum of two years of work in an archival setting, preferably in an organization or corporate archives
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with archival processing standards and procedures
• Experience with MARC and EAD.
Monthly rate will be competitive, based on experience and level of qualification. Benefits provided.
Please send a resume; a list of no fewer than three references including names, titles, postal and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers; a brief, sample finding aid with scope & content note to the following address: Deborah Shea, The Winthrop Group, Inc., 37 West 39th Street, Suite 501, New York, NY 10018
Resumes and reference information will be accepted by e-mail at email@example.com. However, Winthrop Group will not be responsible for any formatting alterations that may occur
Peter J. Wosh
Director, Archives/Public History Program
New York University
53 Washington Square South
New York NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-8601
Fax: (212) 995-4017