Subject: SEM : New York City – Metro NYC ARMA Chapter Workshop – March 18, 2010
From: “Grevin, Fred”
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:58:23 -0500
If youâre involved in Records Management, IT, Legal or Compliance, then you donât want to miss the Annual Metro New York City ARMA Chapter All-Day Educational Workshop. This is our most anticipated educational event of the year!
This event offers a unique opportunity for professionals to hear from leading experts in the field of Records & Information Management, Technology, Compliance and Professional Development.
We are offering eight regular sessions (you may select up to four) led by leaders in the Records and Information Management field and ** five special sessions on E-Mail Management led by Jesse Wilkins, CRM, CDIA+, ECM(M), ERM(M).**
The regular sessions are priced at $145 for Members, $170 for Non Members and $75 for Students (must have a valid ARMA Student Membership).
The E-Mail Management sessions are priced at $245 for Members and $270 for Non Members and includes the Opening & Closing Addresses.
Please Note: If you do not register in advance, there will be an additional $20 surcharge for all Walk-ins.
Also, the regular sessions qualify for 5.5 CRM Maintenance credits, and the E-Mail Management led by Jesse Wilkins qualifies for 7 CRM credits.
Hereâs a listing of topics and speakers:
Keynote Address: Dr. Stuart B. Weiss, NY RoadRunners Club, NYC Marathon (Open to all Attendees)
– Legal Implications of Cloud Computing: Judges Ronald J. Hedges & James C. Francis
– Data Mapping for Successful Conversions (2 Parts): Melissa Dederer, CRM
– Getting Your Organization Going with GARP: Galina Datskovsky, Ph.D., CRM; April Dmytrenko, FAI, CRM; & Lenore Greenberg, CRM
– Using Taxonomies to Improve Search: Seth Early
– Writing for Publication: Susan Goodman, CRM
– Itâs 2010, Do You Know Where Your Records Are? The Status of Search & Retrieval and the Role of Records & Information Management in eDiscovery: Maura Grossman, Esq.
– Establishing Wiki & Blog Governance â A Case Study: Jason C. Stearns, CRM
SPECIAL SESSIONS: EFFECTIVE E-MAIL MANAGEMENT led by Jesse Wilkins, CRM, CDIA+, ECM(M), ERM(M):
– Developing an E-Mail Policy
– Identifying & Classifying Messages as Records
– Selecting/Implementing E-Mail Management
– Managing your E-Mail Better – By Managing Less of It!
– Outside the Inbox: Collaborating More Efficiently
John Mancini, AIIM President will be our closing speaker. (Open to all Attendees)
Frederic J. Grevin
Land phone: 212-788-8615
Cell phone: 917-902-2462
Peter J. Wosh
Director, Archives/Public History Program
New York University
53 Washington Square South
New York NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-8601
Fax: (212) 995-4017