Fraunces Tavern® Museum
Visitor Services Assistant Job Description
Objective: To assist Museum Staff in ticket sales and visitor management during the Magna Carta and the Foundations of Freedom exhibition at Fraunces Tavern® Museum.
Position Description: Responsible for the daily operations of visitor welcome area, including greeting the public, managing advance ticket sales check-in, conducting day-of ticket sales, observing Museum security cameras, and general maintenance of visitor welcome area. Provide administrative support for Museum staff including data entry of admissions.
Reports To: Director of Education
Status: Part-time, temporary; weekend availability required.
Essential Responsibilities and Skills:
1. Greet Museum visitors in a friendly manner and offer assistance to visitors when needed.
2. Operate day-of admissions and advance sales check-in. This includes handling cash, processing credit card payments, and providing receipts of transactions when requested.
3. Consistent communication with Museum staff and exhibit guards via phone and walkie-talkies in regards to visitor flow as monitored by security cameras.
4. Maintain organized and attractive visitor welcome area.
5. General familiarity with exhibit design and information.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Previous cash handling and customer service experience required.
3. Strong familiarity with computers and internet use required.
4. Able to work with a team; is enthusiastic, dependable and flexible.
5. Enjoys interacting with the public and communicates effectively with the public.
6. Able to react quickly to solve problems or contact a staff person, as appropriate.
Training: Trains with Education Director directly to become familiar with computer system, visitor operations, and exhibit design.
Peter J. Wosh
Director, Archives/Public History Program
New York University
53 Washington Square South
New York NY 10012
Phone: (212) 998-8601
Fax: (212) 995-4017